The Danny Devito Film Festival
by Randall L. Whipkey
Last week, the brothers of Phi Lambda Kappa held their first annual Danny Devito film
festival, showing a different one of the actor's movies each night Monday through Friday.
A different brother made the film choice each evening, selecting his favorite Devito to
show on the frat house's 36" television. Given the clues below, can you determine the
brother who made each night's choice and the movie he picked to show?
- Dan, Sanchez, and Tanner are all fraternity officers.
- Ben, who is Quayle's roommate, thought up the idea of a Danny Devito film
festival; the actor is Ben's favorite comic star.
- Chip picked the film one evening before Russo selected his Devito favorite;
Russo's choice played the night before Tin Men was shown.
- Alex's pick wasn't Batman Returns, his second-favorite Danny Devito film
- Sanchez, who first enjoyed Danny Devito in "Taxi" reruns, didn't pick either
Romancing the Stone or Twins for his choice.
- Tanner's selection also wasn't Romancing the Stone; the audience liked the
mud slide scene in the movie so much it was rerun three times on the VCR--
even though Danny isn't in the scene.
- Danny's bravura performance as the Penguin in Batman Returns was seen
later in the week than Preston's film choice, which was shown later in the
festival than Evan's selection.
- Both Sanchez and Tanner enjoyed Tin Men because of the comic chemistry
between Danny and Richard Dreyfuss, but neither picked it as his festival film.
- Dan's Danny Devito pick ran earlier in the week than Quayle's choice, which
was shown on an earlier evening than Get Shorty.
- Evan isn't the Phi Lambda Kappa brother who opted to play Tin Men.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.