Volunteers for Habitat for Humanity
by Randall L. Whipkey
Each summer, Lou and four other employees at Summerset Software
volunteer a week of their vacations to help Habitat for Humanity
build houses for deserving new homeowners. Each of the five,
including Mr. Green, holds a different position at the company;
and each has a different building trade to contribute to the home
construction. Given the following information, you should be able
to deduce each volunteer's full name, his job with Summerset Software,
and the second job he works for Habitat for Humanity.
- Neither Roger nor Blankenship is the firm's IT manager.
- Neither Will nor Jesse works as Summerset Software's chief
- Sandler, who isn't the volunteer carpenter, suggested the
idea of working for Habitat to his work friends.
- The IT manager isn't the master plumber.
- Edberg, who isn't the computer engineer at work, and the
volunteer landscaper were named to the Summerset Honor Roll
for 1999 by the town council.
- Roger, who isn't the volunteer plumber, and the director of
human resources raise funds from Summerset Software employees
to pay for building materials.
- Blankenship isn't the part-time carpenter.
- The carpenter also isn't Jesse Valdes.
- Neither Adam nor the director of human resources works as the
- Will isn't the man who has expertise in roofing nor the one
who enjoys landscaping the dwellings.
- The sales representative isn't the one skilled at carpentry.
- The summer carpenter also isn't Roger.
- Adam, who isn't Blankenship, doesn't serve as Summerset
Software's IT manager.
- The volunteer plumber isn't the man who works as a computer
- Adam, Roger, and Sandler all have worked at the company since
- The Habitat electrician isn't the firm's director of human
- Edberg isn't the chief financial officer.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.