Friends Helping Friends
by Randall L. Whipkey
Last Saturday, four neighbor boys found that work goes more quickly
when friends help friends: each of the four had found a job one of
the neighborhood adults, including Mrs. Wilson, needed done, and the
four worked together to make fast work of the chores, one of which
was cleaning a car. Given the following clues, you should be able
to decide which job each found and for whom the work was done.
- Three of the friends are Alex, the one who found the job mowing
the lawn, and the one who got the job from Mr. Halley.
- Mr. Trent didn't have the job staining the backyard fence.
- Alex didn't locate the window-washing job.
- Jason isn't the boy who got the chore from Mr. Trent.
- Mrs. Diaz didn't have the job washing windows; Chad isn't the
friend who found the window-washing task.
- Mr. Halley didn't employ the boys as window washers.
- Chad isn't the boy who found the lawn-mowing job.
- Mrs. Diaz isn't the adult who gave Alex a job.
- The chore Ian negotiated wasn't washing windows.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.