The Easter Egg Hunt
by Randall L. Whipkey
Last Saturday, the Summerset Exchange Club held its annual Easter Egg
Hunt for local children at Miller's Picnic Grove. Five different
children were lucky enough to find gold eggs and win big Easter
baskets filled with treats by the Bunny himself. Given the clues
below, you should be able to deduce each gold egg finder's full name
and where his or her prize-winning egg was hidden (one winner found an
egg in a hollow stump).
- Mrs. West took both her prize-winning child and Alexis to the
- Damian and the Valdez child are the only 1st graders among the
- Chip was first to find a gold egg, the West child was second, and
the one who found the prize winner in the branches of a pine tree
- The winner who found a gold egg under the leg of a picnic table
won a basket immediately ahead of the Young child.
- Neither Alexis nor the Thaxton child was the fourth one to find
a gold egg.
- The Valdez child, who didn't win the last Easter basket given
away, isn't the one who found the egg in the pine.
- The Ulman child's prize-winner wasn't the egg hidden in the old
- Brook, who isn't the Thaxton child, found the fifth and final
- Erica isn't the winner whose egg was hidden under the picnic
- The gold egg hidden in the bird's nest wasn't the one Chip found.
- The Thaxton child isn't the basket winner who found the gold egg
hidden in the barbecue pit.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.