Puzzles for Dad
by Randall L. Whipkey
For Father's Day, each of Chester Chizzlethwaite's five daughters
gets her dad a new jigsaw puzzle so that he can enjoy his hobby for
months to come. This year, Charlotte and her sisters have bought
five newly released puzzles, with no two jigsaws, including "Hall of
Mirrors," having the same number of pieces to put together. From
the clues below, you should be able to fit each child to her gift
jigsaw and the number of pieces in that puzzle.
- The number of pieces in the gifts varies from 500 to 2,000.
- The puzzle Cheryl got her dad has 1,000 more pieces to put
together than "Campaign Buttons" does.
- "Fish, Fish, and More Fish" has twice as many pieces as the
jigsaw Chelsea bought.
- "American Beauties" has 1,000 fewer pieces than the puzzle
- China's jigsaw puzzle has more pieces than at least one of
the other gifts but isn't the 2,000-piece puzzle.
- Neither "Campaign Buttons" nor "M & M's" is the jigsaw Chelsea
got her father.
- Chandra isn't the child who bought "Fish, Fish, and More Fish."
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.