The Skating Elvises
by Randall L. Whipkey
One of the most popular events at this year's Elvis Lives On!
convention was "Elvises on Ice," with Elvis impersonators in full
jump suits doing double axels and sit spins to their favorite Presley
songs. The judges, also in full Elvis regalia, awarded the top five
places to Skating Elvises from five different cities, one of them
Memphis, who performed to different songs, one to "Return to Sender."
From the results below, you should be able to solve this Logic Problem
by finding the order of finish 1st-5th in the figure skating: each
Elvis's full name (one first name is Lou, one surname Cadillac) and
home city and the song to which he skated.
- The skater who performed to "Heartbreak Hotel" placed higher
in the judging than the Toronto Elvis, who finished ahead of
Paul in the event.
- Stan finished one place higher than Gold in the competition.
- The figure skater who spun and jumped to "Can't Help Falling
in Love" (who isn't Art) and the Paris Elvis were also in last
year's electrifying "Elvises on the Flying Trapeze."
- Wayne placed behind the black-jump-suited "Jailhose Rock"
skater, who lost to the Baltimore Elvis in the judging.
- After seeing another skater's performance to "The Wonder of You,"
top-five figure skater Parker skated to a different Presley hit.
- Burnsides finished lower than the Glasgow Elvis but higher than
Art in the event.
- Soleil scored an average 9.70 from the panel of judges, less than
the 9.80 the skater to "The Wonder of You" received.
- Paul and the "Jailhouse Rock" skater both did double toe loops
in their routines.
- The Baltimore Elvis isn't the one who skated to "Heartbreak
- Wayne and the participant from Paris also sang as they skated.
- The skater from Baltimore, who isn't Paul, and Burnsides have
never missed an Elvis Lives On! convention.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.