Revenge of the Snerds
by Randall L. Whipkey
In the latest Roger Goreman horror film, Revenge of the Snerds,
Dougie and four other dummies come to lethal life and turn on their
ventriloquists with a vengeance: each attacks his "voice" in a different
way, with one chomping with his wooden jaws at his ventriloquist's
throat. From the clues thrown at you below, can you solve the
horror of SNERDS! by finding the full name of each dummy's
ventriloquist and how the woody horror attacks his "voice" in the
- Neither Lewis nor Winchell is Artie's ventriloquist.
- Three of the victims--Ed, Pinky's "voice," and the ventriloquist
whose dummy puts arsenic into the water he uses to show off his
voice-throwing-while-gargling ability--do not survive their
dummies' dastardly deeds.
- Bob and Chet come to the aid of fellow ventriloquist Hopkins
when he is set upon by his "loving son."
- Winchell isn't the "voice" whose dummy giggles as he stuffs
Winchell into his oh-too-small carrying trunk.
- Will doesn't own the dummy who spins his ventriloquist's head
round and round; the head-spinning dummy isn't Chunky.
- Two of the "voices"--Manekin and Morty's operator--survive their
dummies' attempts and help defeat the woody horrors by "The End."
- In one scene in Revenge of the Snerds, Pinky plots with
Lewis' dummy on how to murder their masters.
- Ed isn't the victim who is attacked by his audience when his
dummy throws his voice through the ventriloquist's and
insults the crowd.
- Ty appears glad when his archrival Manekin is victimized early
in the film, but his joy soon fades in the next scene.
- Neither Bob nor Chet is the one who has Artie as his dummy.
- Winchell's 30-year-old dummy is neither Morty nor Pinky.
- Neither Lewis nor the ventriloquist stuffed into the trunk by his
dummy survive being attacked.
- Neither Bergen nor Manekin is the "voice" victimized by having
his dummy insult and incite the audience.
- Chunky is shown clapping and whistling in the wings while Bob's
dummy assaults him.
- Lewis isn't the ventriloquist who suffers the ignoble fate of
having his head turned round and round.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.