"The Four Norsemen of Northern Maine"
by Randall L. Whipkey
This fall's University of Northern Maine Vikings football team has
defeated six straight Piney Woods Conference opponents and caused so
much excitement on campus that the school newspaper, Eric the Read,
has dubbed the backfield "The Four Norsemen." Each of the four starting
backs, including the slotback, has scored a different number of
touchdowns to lead the Vikings to their 6-0 mark. From the stat sheet
below, can you win the autumn afternoon Logic Puzzle game by finding
each player's full name and position and how many times he has reached
the end zone this season?
- David Don leads the Vikings in touchdowns with 10 of the 26
total scored by the four backs.
- Billy Bob isn't the team's fullback.
- Jackie Lee has reached the end zone one more time than
fellow back Meredith.
- The Northern Maine quarterback isn't "Norseman" Dorsett.
- The Viking fullback has scored twice as many TDs as Payton.
- Brown has four more touchdowns than backfield buddy Tommy Joe.
- The tailback, who isn't Jackie Lee, hasn't scored the fewest
touchdowns of "The Four Norsemen."
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.