The Substitute Teacher
by Randall L. Whipkey
Last month, elementary school substitute teacher Mrs. Wendy Wingit had
an unusual week: each day Monday-Friday she taught a different grade,
one day working in a 1st grade class, at a different local school--one
day substituting at Longreach Elementary. Given her class schedule
notes below, you should be able to solve the Logic Problem of what
grade, at which school, and for which absent teacher Mrs. Wingit subbed
that busy week.
- Mrs. Wingit substituted for Mrs. Bingman earlier in the week than
for the absent teacher at Winterharbor Elementary School but later
in the week than for the 2nd grade teacher.
- The teacher Mrs. Wingit replaced at Ocean City Elementary isn't
- When Mrs. Wingit took over Mr. Tillis's class for the day, she
wasn't in a 5th grade classroom.
- The job substituting at Riverhill Elementary was later in the week
than the assignment replacing Mr. Gould; Mrs. Wingit worked with
a 5th grade class earlier in the week than with Mr. Gould's
- The 4th grade class Mrs. Wingit taught on Wednesday isn't at
- Mrs. Bingman's class isn't in 3rd grade.
- The day after substituting for Miss Christie, Mrs. Wingit was
filling in for an absent teacher at Ocean City Elementary School.
- During the week, Mrs. Wingit subbed for Mrs. Parra and for a
teacher at Sweetgum Elementary.
- The 3rd grade class Mrs. Wingit taught one day isn't at either
Riverhill or Winterharbor Elementary.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.