Ridge Road Signs
by Randall L. Whipkey
When new Highway 101, Ridge Road, was scheduled to open, a crew was sent
to put signs at each of the six exits, including the one for Spring
Hollow, on the 50-mile stretch going south from Summerset to Winterhaven.
At each exit, the crew was to place a distance sign for the mileage
to Winterhaven, a sign for the route intersecting Ridge Road at that
exit (one for Rte. 197), a sign for the town accessible from the exit,
and a sign for the service or attraction available off the exit.
Unfortunately for the work crew, the project engineer was a CRpuzzles
Logic Problem solver and had put the instructions for what signs go
where in the form of a Logic Puzzle with the clues below. Can you help
put up the Ridge Road Signs by solving for the four signs placed at
each of the six exits off new Highway 101?
- The Longview exit is 20 miles farther from Winterhaven than the
exit where food is available.
- The Wild Lake exit is twice as far north of Winterhaven as the
exit for the state park.
- The lodging sign doesn't go with the Rte. 88 sign.
- The exit for Dante's Choice is 20 miles closer to Winterhaven
than the exit onto Rte. 770.
- It is 5 miles south from the exit for fuel to the High Tor
- No, the scenic view sign does not go at the Longview exit.
- The exit for Rte. 56 is 20 miles south of the exit for Cozy Valley.
- The state park sign and the Dante's Choice sign are for different
- The Rte. 29 off-ramp is 5 miles farther from Winterhaven than
the exit for camping.
- It is 10 miles from Summerset to the first exit south on Ridge
Road; the sixth and last exit is 5 miles north of Winterhaven.
- The Rte. 213 exit, which isn't for Wild Lake, isn't where the
sign for lodging goes.
- Neither Longview nor Wild Lake is the town on Rte. 770.
- Dante's Choice isn't reached via Rte. 56.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.