With Six You get Egg Roll ...
by Randall L. Whipkey
... but not at the Jade Dragon, Summerset's premier Chinese restaurant,
where six friends recently enjoyed dinner. Each of the six tried one
of the restaurant's appetizers other than egg rolls and then enjoyed a
different Jade Dragon entree. Given the menu of clues below, can you
find each diner's full name and entree choice and where at the table
she was seated for dinner? (The six sat at a round table with chair
1 backing to a window; chairs 2-6 then are in order from 1 going
clockwise around the table; 1 is directly opposite 4, etc.)
- Diane and Ms. Rice, who sat next to each other during dinner,
shared an order of fried wontons as their appetizers.
- Monica sat next to Anita and the friend who ordered Hunan Beef.
- Heather was seated directly opposite the diner who chose the
Jade Dragon's flavorful Kung Pao Shrimp from the menu.
- Diane decided to try something new rather than order her usual
favorite of Sweet and Sour Pork.
- Ms. Fortune had a tiny taste of the Hunan Beef and the Moo Goo
Gai Pan selected by two of her friends.
- Ms. Lamb and the woman who had Pepper Steak as her entree sat
next to each other, and both liked the shrimpy toast they chose
to start the meal.
- Ms. Young was seated immediately between Ms. Mein and the woman
who had Sweet and Sour Pork for dinner.
- Kate didn't sit in chair 2.
- Jennifer and Ms. Curry were seated next to each other.
- Ms. Lamb's choice of entree wasn't Sweet and Sour Pork.
- The woman who ordered General Tso's Chicken had the window seat,
- The two women who ordered soup for appetizers were not seated
next to each other; Ms. Young had egg drop soup, while the diner
whose entree choice was Moo Goo Gai Pan picked sweet and sour
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.