State Football Playoffs
by Randall L. Whipkey
In this year's football playoffs, the Tigers and seven other high school
teams competed for the AAA state championship. The four quarterfinal
winners were paired off in the semifinals, and the semifinal victors met
in the title game. From the scorecard below, you should be able to
find the name and nickname of each playoff team and the complete results
of the playoffs: who defeated whom in each quarterfinal, semifinal, and
- In one AAA semifinal matchup, Ocean City overwhelmed Winterhaven,
- Farmington High lost a playoff game by 6 points.
- In the game or games they won, the Eagles outscored their foe(s)
by a total of 14 points.
- Ocean City High School's nickname isn't the Hawks.
- The Owls, the Rough Riders, and Summerset High all scored wins in
- In one game, the Spartans suffered a 21-point drubbing.
- Longreach High School ran over the Comets, 34-14, in one playoff
- Cozy Valley, who aren't the Spartans, were making their 10th
straight appearance in the playoffs.
- In the only shutout in the seven games played, the Hawks stopped
Grove Corners 7-0.
- The Eagles aren't from Winterhaven High.
- The Pioneers tallied the only playoff touchdown scored on a
- Summerset won a game by 1 point, kicking a point-after-touchdown
with 0:02 left to play.
- Springhill defeated the Rough Riders during the regular season,
but the two didn't meet in the AAA football playoffs.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.