by Randall L. Whipkey
Moby Mugs are a collectors series of pottery likenesses of famous
or colorful people. To decide what limited edition mugs to make
each year, the company solicits employee suggestions in an annual
contest; each person whose idea is put into production then receives
as a prize the #1 mug made using his or her theme. Winter and four
other employees, each of whom works for Moby, Inc., in a different
capacity, submitted the winning mug designs for this year. Given the
information below, can you find each 2001 Moby Mug originator's
full name (first names are Barbara, Clay, David, Ron, and Toby) and
position with the company, and the idea that will win him or her a
limited edition #1 mug?
- This is the second idea of Toby's that has been turned into
a Moby Mug.
- Neither David nor Muldar suggested either Marilyn Monroe or
- Kiln isn't Moby Mugs' chief financial officer or sales manager.
- Ron and Dickens are delighted to have their first suggestions
accepted for Moby Mugs.
- The mug painter isn't the winner who thought up The Detective.
- The person who submitted Howdy Doody, who isn't Kiln, isn't a
first-time suggestion contest winner.
- Muldar works as a potter at the Moby Mugs plant.
- The shipping agent and the person who submitted Tom Sawyer
both have two #1 Moby Mugs from previous winning ideas.
- Clay, who isn't Dickens, isn't the employee who won with The
- Barbara's suggestion for The Gloucester Fisherman is one of
the five winning ideas.
- Ron and Kiln collect Moby Mugs as a hobby.
- The shipping agent, who isn't Stein, won't be getting the
Marilyn Monroe #1 mug.
- The sales manager, who isn't Dickens, thinks this year's Moby
Mug line will be the best selling ever.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.