It's a Dog's Life
by Randall L. Whipkey
Each of the six families, including the Cobbs, who
live in the apartment building at 16 Summerset Terrace
has a dog as a pet. No two dogs, who all have their own
rooms in their masters' apartments, have the same name,
and no two are the same breed. The apartment building
has two apartments on each floor, with three apartments
to each side of the central stairwell and hallway;
apartments 1A, 2A, and 3A are on one side and 1B, 2B,
and 3B are on the other. Can you solve the Logic Puzzle
of the family pets by finding which family has each
apartment and their dog's name and breed?
- The Terrier isn't the pet named Lucky.
- The Manns aren't the family who own the Chow Chow.
- Willis isn't the dog belonging to the Witts.
- The Duffs live in the apartment directly under
that of the family with the Shih Tzu.
- The Barrs' dog isn't the Schnauzer living at
16 Summerset Terrace.
- The Witts' apartment is directly above that of
the Chow Chow owners, who live right across the
hall from the family who have Gunnar as a pet.
- The families with the dog named Britney and the
Poodle live on the same floor of the building.
- The Hills live directly above the family whose
dog is named Lucky.
- Pets Pete and Willis reside with families who live
on the same floor of 16 Summerset Terrace.
- The Manns live right across the hall from the
Terrier owners, whose apartment is directly beneath
that of the family whose dog is named Spike.
- The Barrs' pet isn't Britney.
- The family in 3A aren't the ones who have the
Dachshund for a pet.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.