by Randall L. Whipkey
Last night, Bill Ballgame took his five children, including
Chris, to see the minor league Bashers win 4-3 in the bottom of
the 14th. Since the contest went into extra innings, Bill visited
the concession stand in the top of the 10th and bought the kids hot
dogs and soft drinks to tide them over until they got home. Each
of the five ordered two different extras on his or her hot dog
and a different kind of drink. Given the frank facts that
follow, can you find what two hot dog toppings and what drink
each Ballgame child chose?
- The Ballgame children picked hot dog extras as follows:
3 had mustard, 2 picked ketchup, 2 added onions, and 1
each enjoyed chili, relish, and sauerkraut.
- The hot dog eaten by the child who ordered Sprite had
neither ketchup nor mustard on it.
- Andrea, who didn't have onions on her dog, isn't the kid
who drank an orange soda.
- Erin had neither chili nor sauerkraut on her hot dog.
- Brent didn't get mustard on his dog.
- The lemonade drinker's hot dog didn't come with ketchup.
- The sauerkraut hot dog wasn't eaten by the Ballgame child
who had cherry Coke to drink.
- The one who drank the Sprite sat between Brent and Donovan
during the game.
- None of the five combined mustard with onions atop a hot dog.
- The five Ballgame kids are Andrea, Donovan, the one who had
a lemonade, the one who drank a root beer, and the child
who munched down the chili dog.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.