by Randall L. Whipkey
Yesterday, Paul Plate had a rough morning in his job as a State
Driving Examiner: his first five examinees, including Abigail,
failed their driver's license tests. Each person failed for a
different major error, with one making a right turn on red without
stopping. From the driving records below, can you find the order
in which Mr. Plate failed the test takers: the full name of each
and why he or she did not get a license?
- Joel isn't the one who failed for driving too slowly, 20
m.p.h. under the speed limit, on the Parkway.
- Lisa and Parker were making their second attempts at obtaining
- Plate tested Tony immediately ahead of Turner, who immediately
preceded the examinee who failed for driving too slowly.
- Walker's failure came immediately before that of the person
who backed over the curb during the parking exam.
- Turner isn't the one who failed for pulling into the passing
lane without looking over the shoulder for traffic.
- Gear directly followed Christy in the test order.
- Lane isn't the examinee Mr. Plate failed for not signaling
a left turn.
- Joel, followed immediately by Lisa, failed to meet the State's
standards as judged by Mr. Plate.
- The person who didn't look before passing failed the driver's
road test immediately before Parker did.
- Tony and Gear both drove SUVs during the test.
- Christy, Lane, and Walker are all 16 years old and trying for
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.