The New Flag
by Randall L. Whipkey
When the Wisdom Islands became an independent nation last month,
the country held an election to choose its new flag. Four
finalists selected from hundreds of submissions were put to a vote;
each flag has a different emblem on a different color background,
one being on yellow. From the information about the four finalists
below, you should be able to find the full name of each flag designer
(first names are Andrew, Clara, Mary, and Robert), the emblem and
background he or she used, and which flag the citizens of the Wisdom
Islands picked as their national banner.
- Clara's flag isn't the one with the red background, which was
chosen by the voters as the Wisdom Islands flag.
- Pitcairn's design incorporates a Dolphin as its emblem.
- Easter opted for a black background.
- The four finalists are Mary, Robert, the person who used
Clasped Hands as a theme, and the designer who picked a blue
- Clara's flag isn't the one with the Dolphin on it.
- Marshall's design didn't have Clasped Hands as an emblem.
- Solomon's background choice isn't blue.
- The flag with a Star as its centerpiece isn't Mr. Marshall's
- The banner with the Outrigger on it, which Andrew didn't design,
wasn't selected in the popular vote as the nation's new flag.
Logic Problem Solution
CRpuzzles.com. Copyright © 2000-2007 by Calvin J. Hamilton
& Randall L. Whipkey. All rights reserved.